Monday, February 23, 2009

I support child labour

Once again, our basement has flooded. Once again, neighbours were called, shop vacs plugged in and water was cleaned up. However, this time, it was 8:30 in the morning rather then at night that the water was discovered. This time some neighbours were at work and unavailable...so this time we put Rose to work. Actually, she asked over and over and over to help...you get the picture ...so here she is doing a super job sucking up the water. ( Water at the end of our new drain pipe froze and once again ..backed up into our basement). Blaaauuugg Mondays...
But..Things to be thankful for...
School was cancelled so I was home.
I found the flood early when I went to do a wash.
Chris didn't go on his trip to Baddeck because of the weather..and cancellations.
Even when neighbours couldn't come they let us use their shop vacs.
And this is a big one..Ed (in the background of the pic) is our friend..loyal, faithful friend, who comes every time..brings shop vac and pump and clears our drain and covers it with stryofoam...(We really are useless without him :) ! ) Thanks again!
Oh , ...and we have a daughter to do free labour.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Rose! You can come work here anytime.
Oh and Tracey, it was a good day for a snow day, who knows the mess if left all day. Things definatly happen for a reason.

Anonymous said...

They really do, I would have been around Antigonish on my way to a day long workshop at the NSCC in Port Hawkesbury when she called me. We are very lucky for a reason, and I'm not one to question why, just happy to know that it exists.

Any thanks again to our wonderful friends and neighbours that came to our aid yet again.

C

Bethanne Reynolds said...

I too support child labour! Especially in emergency situations... I can't believe it flooded again!! What a way to spend a snow day (always the pessimist!).

Anonymous said...

You should get Rose a pet elephant as a thank you for all her hard work. Then, if anything ever floods again, he's there to help.

Anonymous said...

Alex said that he should get the eloephant because he collects them and has always loved them.Im sure he would share if needed in a flood
;)

John and Sharon said...

Is the snooker table OK????
John

tracey said...

Yes John the snooker table is fine..just buried beneath a kazillion boxes etc.
Yes Sharron a pet elephant would be what we need!
Yes Alex if we get an elephant you can have it! :)
Yes Bethanne always the pessimist :)

Anonymous said...

what a "YESwoman"

C