Saturday, May 9, 2009

Last weekend, we got our trailer out of storage and drove to the cottage. I love our beach. I could look at it for hours.... So, here we are looking.....

Chris and Lily are actually behind Rose...on a small path overlooking the beach..not really in the middle of rose bushes...well they are in the middle ..but they're not getting pricked!

Today was the best day! It was one of those days where you wake up and the sun is shining and the air is warm and fresh all at once. Driving home from Rose's dance class I could smell fresh cut grass in the air. Everyone was out smiling in shorts and t shirts. But the BEST THING OF ALL about today is this...!!!!!!



noooo... not Chris in a mess in the yard....this!....


My new Clothesline is UP!
It was a huge job lasting many hours, involving 3 levels of scaffolding,(this pic only shows two--they weren't quite done yet), welding, trips to hardware store, giant bolts, an anchor pole and wire, an axe and our friend Ed.
YAY! WAHOOO! WHOOOP! WHOOP!
except when it was finally finished it started to rain...
...so my load of clothes are in the dryer.


4 comments:

asr said...

Wow, that line looks to be up pretty high. I presume it's lower at the house!

Alta said...

yes, I agree "our beach " is wonderful and I love looking at it too. Great about your clothesline, I love mine and Tom just put one up for Julie. She couldn't wait for Mike to mess it up . lol

Bethanne Reynolds said...

Scaffolding?? Who's got scaffolding? Cool. Happy hanging and smelling fresh laundry!! And happy mother's day.

tracey said...

Yes, the pole seems high because it's down a hill from our house..It's almost level with the house.
I know, how many people I include when I say Our Beach..Its pretty cool..
Ed's got scaffolding...he's got everything! And yes...FRESH LAUNDRY!