Saturday, March 21, 2009

March break

Shoot! They won't let me put more then 5 photos up at a time.. So I will start our break on Tuesday....and show you Monday later. We have been busy this week. Since we're starting on Tuesday.....
Happy St Patrick's Day! We ALL dressed in ALL green and made green pancakes and went for a walk to look for leprechauns and 4 leaf clovers...A beautiful sunny day! Wednesday was another beeeautiful day so we spent it outside playing and taking pictures...

Rose took a couple of neat photos of our log pile ( or should I say log wall) close up....

On Thursday, the only rainy day this week, we got together with Charmaine, MacKenzie and Liam and headed into the city to the Discovery Centre. Hey, I just noticed MacKenzie in this pic...Look for pigtails in the background...We had a wonderful lunch afterwards and for some reason the restaurant... which was full when we arrived had cleared out by the time we left...not that we were a rambunctious crew....


Friday was another gorgeous day! I headed into Pictou county and then some errands and a visit with a sweet new puppy ..and the puppy's new owners..
Darn , I forgot to flip this photo upright...and you can't tell but the Mercury stick is jutting out towards you ...any way... more on that in a minute....
Today we went with some friends to the Sugar Shack! A friend of ours owns and runs a maple syrup farm. We got a great tour and some samples. However, when I asked the kids what the best part was, I was told the sliding down the hill part was the coolest. I personally loved this thermometer tacked to a shed out back. The Mercury stick must have fallen off at some point during it's many years of dedicated service in the exposed elements. Some thoughtful person must have diligently rescued and replaced it in it's home. and now it sits stuck in the bottom of its holder telling us the -1 degree temperature was really -10!

Tomorrow is the last day of March Break ..We will see what it brings...
By the way, Monday brings Rose's drawing on Live at Five..She's a Weather Watcher! hee hee




No comments: