Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Autumn is the pause before Winter
Fall has definatley arrived. The leaves have fallen and now rest comfortably in piles on the ground, stirred into playful swirls when the gusts of wind decide they need a new perspective. November has always been my least favourite month mostly because of the lack of colour. Well, there is grey..if you consider that a colour. So this long weekend, Chris took an extra day vaction and we took a trip to Yarmouth. Despite the fog (more grey) , on the way down..we made the most of it be stopping at the Oaklawn Zoo (see pics below), and the oldest general store in Canada (sorry no Pictures). The beautiful views on the return trip restored my faith in November. Beautiful ocean, beach, small islands, reflections..and low and behold sunshine! Which warmed up the already unseasonably warm week-end a bit more!
Chris and Lily at the Zoo. Lily was veeeeery tired. And here Rose and I check out the wake on the LaHave Ferry. (notice the fog)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you should have been included in our "putting on a clinic" reference, though I'm not sure what it means, your posts are never boring!!
The front end carrier seems to be doing a good job while everyone else is sitting on something.
November is a great month, I am sure Chris will agree that some great people were born in this month!
yeah..if your b day is in November...give me presnts..maybe it'll change my mind! :)
Post a Comment