Saturday, March 13, 2010

ok ok bethanne ..sheeesh

Last week, I was able to hang out laundry for the first time this year. It made me so happy. I found myself taking every opportunity to peek out at them blowing in the sunshine. This laundry is actually the first load of today...and it still makes me happy. I can't wait for those trees to get their leaves. Its so nice here I keep thinking it's farther into spring than March. This is all exciting stuff folks, hang around, there's more! Here are the girls yelling over to our neighbours -who have kids the same age -across the road. When Rose was a baby my friend across the road said, "Just wait, in five years they'll be yelling to each other from our yards, inviting the other one over". And now it happens all the time. Five years went by waaay too fast!
And here is the tower they made the other day. Actually the finished product was a bit taller but you get the idea. We really do have regular blocks and such around the house. I admit they are not as fun or heavy as cans. And we don't keep them in the handy dandy cupboard. (If you are wondering, it was jersey day at school and Rose is wearing daddy's Olympic team t shirt..she has clothes that fit properly on underneath. Really- she does.)




4 comments:

John and Sharon said...

That is some pretty impressive can stacking!! Was double sided sticky tape involved??

tracey said...

No tape involved -buut lots of jumping out of the way when they tumble...

Bethanne Reynolds said...

Holy that Lily is looking mighty Traceyish there!!
LOvely post... thanks,... although I'm only cheking it Monday afternoon!!! Terrible friend I am!
Hey could people dress up like a Jersey cow on jersey day?

asr said...

Bethanne, that last sentence is a Dad joke! Of course it has to be a brand new jersey!!