Thursday, May 8, 2008

absent lap top

So, last Monday, after making choc chip cookies, Rose is playing Sesame Street on the lap top...and the phone rings. I answer it and speak for ..maybe one minute, I grab the flour to put it away and turn..in time to see Rose pour a glass of water on the lap top!!!! Now she knows the rule..when using the computer ..no food or drink is allowed. She tells me she was cleaning it...So I panicked a wee bit and dried to quickly dry the computer with paper towels and hair dryer as best as I could. Rose.. seeing her Mom all wild and tearing through the house in search of the above mentioned items, goes to the closet, gets her coat and boots on, gets her bank with her life savings, (2.00$ and a 2 pence piece the minister brought her from her trip to Scotland), and starts to go towards the door. When I see her I ask her what she is doing..In a small, sad voice she says, " Im going to the computer store to get you a new computer, Mommy." Which of course made me start laughing..(which is why she is smiling when I took the picture and not looking forlorn as she did when she was doing all this) . Gotta love her! We , being computerless for a week while we let it dry out, have been reduced to writing snail mail. We wanted to write a thank you note to the lovely firefighters who saved our house from certain demise..here it is. Rose dictated, I wrote, Lily sang.
Then on Saturday, we went to the farmers market, and the farmers market bakery for ginger bread, oat cakes and of course cinamon rolls!
Then stopped by the water front to watch glass swans being made..


Then home to practice skipping with a brand new skipping rope!
A busy lap top less week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Hahahahahahaha. She is so responsible!

Anonymous said...

Glad to assume it's back in working order! I would just have assumed it was done for, I think. I think I would have let Rose keep going and get me that new one!! Actually, as I was reading I thought you were going to say she was running away. But she's far too responsible for that, isn't she?!
Nice to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Is the computer cleaner?

tracey said...

I know!! Sge is way too responsible but more then that shes a fixer..She hates seeing anyone feel in any way unhappy.

And yes Bruno..it is a bit brighter! but I don't recommend this particular method!

tracey said...

?How do you edit comments??

Anonymous said...

Once they're published, I don't think you can. You CAN, however delete whoever's comment you like on your own blog. Just click on the comments while you're signed in, and at the end of each there's a little trash can. So to edit your own, you'd have to delete it and rewrite it.