Saturday, April 19, 2008
ladybug ladybug fly away home...
So yesterday we were relaxing at home... when suddenly, loudly, we hear the smoke detector!! I was down stairs with the girls taking laundry out of the dryer, and for some reason was convinced it had to be the dryer but by following the smoke smell finally discovered our chimeny was on fire!!! After a speedy call to 911 we got out of the house. 4 minutes later my neighbour Ed came over speeding up the driveway with fire extinguisher in hand ..only missing his superman cape!, (I had called Chris- who called Ed), and 8 min later the fire trucks from 2 stations arrived. Later the cheif told me it was the most amount of smoke from a flu fire he had ever seen! 20 minutes after I called 911, Chris arrived from work in Burnside (usually about a 1/2 hour drive!) By then the fire fighters had all under control and were in the process of clearing out the creosole. All in the end is well and except for a smokey smell when we arrived back in the house there was no damage!! We opened all the windows and left for about 5 hours which made a huge difference in the smell, and after cleaning yesterday and today we are pretty much back to normal! Ed took some pictures and when I get them from him I will post them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
aiyiyi!Scary!
Glad everyone is alright! Heard Lily slept through the whole thing
Post a Comment