Monday, March 31, 2008

Nova Scotia Maple Syrup!

We had a busy weekend! Saturday was spent with friends at the Sugar moon maple sugar shack, learning how trees make sugar and more impotantly.. how we get it to our mouths! Did you know NS makes 0.5 % of the worlds maple syrup..and Quebec makes 80%!? Here are pics of the beginning of our hike up the mountain following the sap line to find the maple trees (sorry about your back, Ed), the girls and Chris watching the boil... and Rose making her own maple -cycle! Yum!

Who cares if we have snow..again ...and its a day away from April...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember these trips to the maple syrup farms. They were great fun. However I was buying some maple syrup in one of our great chains and noticed 'ORGANIC MAPLE SYRUP' for $1.00 more than the regular. And I was of the belief that it all came from the maple trees in the forest. What ??? Nobody in the store could tell me what the difference was!!