Friday, January 29, 2010


The weather here is stormy..So much that school was closed halfway through the day. That makes the day sooo stressful..and annoying. Especially when I looked out the window at 5:30 ..saw the deep snow and thought..oh, school WILL be closed. But no. It was not to be. All around us closed but not our board. A week ago they closed schools because a storm was predicted to come our way but..didn't. Now today storm is here but in the morning there was no wind and they wern't calling for much more snow so school was on..until they decided at 10:30 (when it was still snowing and still blowing)to close...and call all parents... and parents called to make child care arrangements..and teachers have to make sure everyone is going to the right place where SOMEONE will be home to look after them.. and ..I have to call to make sure Rose is going to the right place then drive AGAIN on messy-messy, slick, slushy, awlful roads to get Lily and take her home from the babysitters.

But in the end -everyone is safe. The snow is beautiful. and I have half a day off. and a bit of a long weekend...

3 comments:

Alta said...

I was so upset that school wasn't cancelled this morning and then the kids get sent home at lunch. Made it hard for people to make arrangements for kids. still blowing and snowing here . Curling cancelled and i made chocolate chip cookies! have to make some good come out of it :)

John and Sharon said...

yikes, that does sound really stressful. But I hope you can enjoy your longish winter weekend.

Bethanne said...

Thanks for reminding me how annoying those days were. We got lots of snow Friday and I was missing Canadian school-cancellations, but I'd forgotten those annoying half day closures. I don't miss those! As teacher or student... I hated them!