Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You've heard of storm chasers?

Well it's official, I'm a torch chaser. After getting Rose on the bus this morning, Lily and I jumped in the car and flew over to Shubie to watch the torch run with my class. Then as soon as it went by we ran back to the car and flew to Rose's school( we actually passedthem on the highway, ith their escorts of a half dozen police cars) to watch with them! On the way I saw about 10 torches waiting to be lit! I'm all torched out. If I was a hard core chaser I'd be going with them to the city to particpate in all the activities there.
The pictures are backwards though..I always forget to upload them in reverse order....
So here is Rose watching the lit torch go by with her class. My camera acted up on this one. Here's Rose waiting for the parade and torch...


Here's the torch runner in Shubie, just after he had the flame passed to him....


Here he is getting the flame passed to him..remeber..reverse order..Oh look a sign saying Tracy's in town(she's my cousin..the olympian :))..I didn't even notice if she was in the parade..I know she'll be talking at school this pm ...hmmm
Here's Lily watching all the excitment , dancing to the music and waving flags and tamborines. At the end of it all she said, "Mommy,......Fun!" Even though she's looking shocked in this pic.







2 comments:

John and Sharon said...

It's because you did two posts together. This has happened to me before. Cool though. I have never seen the Olympic torch.
Sharon

tracey said...

I know..... but it was cool!!
..and no one noticed!!
Thanks for commenting! :)