Advice from a Tree
By Ilan Shamir
Dear Friend,
Stand Tall and Proud
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the light of a greater source
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The Energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter
Feel the wind and the sun
Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night.
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Be flexible
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!
Enjoy the view!
5 comments:
From now on when I try to describe my friend Tracey, I'm going to call her a tree. I might have to use this poem to explain.
What kind of tree will I be? Any suggestions what i should be?
What kind of tree are you Tracey?
Tracey's an oak. A big, sprawling, shade giving, wise old oak with a swing on one branch and kids climbing up other branches, I think.
hmmmm....I'll go take a few pics of trees and post them and you guys can figure out who is which tree.
Fun idea with the pictures and who's what kind of tree!
As for the baby wearing, there's lots of info on thebabywearer.com. That's where I learned everything I know, practically. There are lots of videos on youtube that show you how to tie a simple piece of cloth (I got my first wrap in the local fabric shop) to wear your little one. I don't even know how old Lily is... but lots of mums wear their little ones at 2-3 and beyond, depending on their size and weight etc.
But thebabywearer.com is a good place to start if you're interested!
Post a Comment