Saturday, April 25, 2009

keep up

Today was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! Sunny and bright, 22 degrees, it felt like summer. So we worked in the yard. Chris filled in a pothole in the drive and raked some of the yard and I cleaned windows and screens and began the enormous task of leveling out our dug up hill, ( I'd link you to the pics of our flood when we had an excavator in to dig our yard but I don't know how). But I didn't take any pictures so you'll just have to trust me.

But here are pics I did take.
Here's Rose and Lily before our Church tea last Sunday. Lily has discovered pockets. She walks around like she has nothin' better to do than hang out and look cool.

Rose has been practicing skipping. Hard to believe this is just a couple of days ago, and today we were in shorts!

We went to the park to explore. Here Lily is looking at Rose with something akin to disgust and astonishment as Rose shows us her latest discovery...



Isn't it cute? We named it Sally.






4 comments:

sharon said...

Well Lily's right, she doesn't have anything better to do than hang around and look cool. And she does it very well.

bethanne said...

There IS nothing better to do ever than hanging out and looking cool. Lily's got it right. 'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is.... um, in my other pocket!

Alta said...

Tell Rose that I like Sally, and she is very nice and i'm sure Sally will make a beautiful butterfly when she grows up!
And I like hanging around looking cool with my hands in my pocket too!Actually I have a picture of a young Tracey hanging out looking sweet with her hands clasped in front of her. I must dig that one out sometime. I have loads of great pictures I can find!

Alex said...

Is Sally a furry caterpillar, or a normal one? Furry catrpillars can irritate your skin.