Rewind for a moment to Christmas time. You are in a mall shopping. Very busy. Actually and more specifically you are in a line up at a toy store. There is a lady in line very close to the cashier. Another lady with a cart full of toys comes up to the lady in line and begins a conversation..apparently friends who have not seen each other for years and are quite cheerfully catching up. The lady in line's turn comes up and still chatting with her friend purchases her items. The lady's friend begins to set her toys on the belt turning to the person behind her saying,"You don't mind do you ? These are for a charity and I need to deliver them in the next hour!"
What would you do?
or what would you do if you were the cashier?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, you can't argue with charity, now can you, even if it IS a lie! I think I'd let it slide.
"That's fine, you go ahead. My purchases for the IWK don't need to be there until next week. I'm sure next year you won't leave everything to the last minute and nedd to butt in line."
My first thought was why did she leave it until an hour before they needed to be delivered, usually that stuff is done well before that. Could be just a nice line to cut ahead, if not she should get more organized for next year. :)
There was a toy drive going on that day by one of the radio stations..but I'm assumming it was her lunch hour...perhaps...??
In the end NO ONE in line complained ...they were a very cheerful group...happy to oblige!Some didn't even seem to notice...preoccupied with their own Christmas lists.
Post a Comment