Thursday, January 1, 2009

rainbows and cookie jars

Here is a cookie jar bear who arrived at my house on Christmas day. A happy little fella whose sole purpose in life is to guard the precious sweets. He has been met with mixed welcomes here, so he has been posted to get your opinion.. Is he a keeper or will he disappear to the cupboard?
Darkness falls with a great thud around 4:30 these days. Time to close the curtains and keep warm. These dark days would be quite depressing if it weren't for the lovely time of year with snow on the ground and rainbows in the windows. I like that it is freezing out but we are snuggly and cozy and warm inside. I wish we could keep these up all winter....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you really like the lights, I don't have to take them down...

Chris

Anonymous said...

i like the bear, it is unique and a conversation piece!

John and Sharon said...

umm...there are other and better conversations (and conversation pieces) to be had.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

But look it's working already.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm torn about the cookie jar. What else do you have to put cookies in? The thought of him being a character who protects the cookies is cute. Unless you have a cuter cookie-protecting character? Basically, if the girls like him, keep him... for now.

tracey said...

At the moment I keep them in a big round tin. Rose likes it.
As for the coversation, Chris , this is a bit of forced conversation..when you ask outright ..."What do you think?", don't you think?