Thursday, June 21, 2012

What'sup

Lily has been registered for Primary and has gone to orientation although we are still debating whether or not she will attend in the fall. We are hesitant because her b day is in Dec and she will be one of the youngest in her class. Then if she goes the next year she will be one of the oldest. Maybe more ready..or ready to go now..or not. And if she goes now she will be younger in Gr 7 and graduating...And the debate goes on...
The garden is planted and some beans are poking through already. I missed this garden last year and I am so happy to have it back this year! Now just to build the fence!We been heading to the cottage every weekend. Washer Toss is the new trend. Very addictive. The badminton net has been set up too. I'd show you a funny video of badminton but I had to delete it to make room on my camera for the dance recitals.
And of course Father's Day! Happy Fathers day to all the wonderful Dad's out there!

10 comments:

John and Sharon said...

Looks like a great summer, even before summer has started. I have no advice about school. Here the cut-off is February. Ailsa is November and she started before she was five because the preschool told me she was ready.

How do you play washer toss??

tracey said...

You play Washer Tossby tossing washers...:)
There are two square boxes about 1 foot by 1 foot. Attached in the center of the box is a round piece of pipe. You toss washers(about 2 inches in diameter- not the tiny ones like you find between the bolt and nut) and try to get it in the pipe. You get points for in the pipe, in the box outside of the pipe and near the box. It's ridiculously addictive. When I first heard of it I thought it would be dull!

John and Sharon said...

Thank you! I am going to pass those specifics on to my Dad who can whip up the required equipment!

Bethanne said...

Sharon, there are washer toss games every family reunion!! Make sure you play this year. I have my very own washer too!
Cottage life looks fab, but keep that garden going... happy fence building.

Sorry about my lack of commentes on the last post... here are my happy thoughts:
your very own washer for tossing
fence building
teaching your husband how to mow a lawn
kids
grade 5
community
the happy book
and
1000awesomethings.com

Bethanne said...

Also no advice about school... just an onion... she'll be fine! I just had a long chat with our school counsellor about this subject, so it's been really in my mind about a lot of kids I know... I'm sure if you put Lily in now she'll be great. But that's just an unsolicited opinion.

John and Sharon said...

What??!? whERE? I thought it was a new trend. I have never seen nor heard of washer toss in my life. Why have I been excluded from the washer toss fun??

tracey said...

What? Just an onion?? What?

tracey said...

I copied your list to the happy thoughts blog entry..feeling very organized...

Bethanne Reynolds said...

Ha ha! I hesitated after I wrote "opinion" and wanted to replace it with onion... glad we're still closely in tune (even if I didn't phone or email on your birthday - hope it was great)!

Ditte and Seb said...

Hi Tracey,

Seb here (Bethanne's "cousin-in-law" from dittesblog). I thought I would check out your blog too since you are following ours. I like that terraced garden you made. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

Being a geologist, I also have to comment on your rock fossil finding of April. Could be a root but it could also be a fossil foraminifera. They are the coolest microfossil family out there and some species are quite large.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foraminifera). They could also be just a section through a filled burrow.