Monday, April 4, 2011

Desperate Signs if Spring

This morning while waiting for the bus with Rose we discovered the first floers peeking up through the earth...Crocuses covered in frost...lots of them..by the time Rose got off the bus at the end of the day.. they were warmed by the sun and wide open showing their yellow centers...so exciting!
Lily stepped on one while we were admiring them ..she insists on calling it a cupid, (cross between crocus and tulip). She took it in the house and gave it a bed on a cotton ball.

3 comments:

John and Sharon said...

oh Welcome crocuses, welcome!!

Bethanne said...

Hmmm... I HAD been wondering what seasonal clothing to pack. This blog has answered my questions, and I look forward to those lovely hopeful signs all over again! I'll get 2 springs! How cool!
Plus I can't wait to see Clever Rose and Lovely Lily and her cupid!

tracey said...

Bethanne- in a word bring EVERYTHING! In the morning and at night coat hat mitts etc..by the time Rose was off the bus ..we were coatless!