Friday, March 11, 2011

March 10th skating

The first official day of March Break included Lily's first time skating! She did amazing!...I put her skates on, set her on the ice and said, "Ok stay here while I grab my mittens". I turned back around and she was off skaing around the pond!

I took an old chair ( I though Lily might need it)with us but wish I hadn't of. Rose who has skated all winter without it was of course doing great but then for the first half of our time there decided she couldn't skate with out it...I admit she did go faster with it but when she gave it up her confidence and speed picked up!
Plus I finally got my skates on! I wish I had of earlier in the season! I miss skating!

3 comments:

Bethanne said...

Wow... that is awesome!! Well done girls! They just look so happy and proud. Where did you get Lily's skates?

tracey said...

They were so proud! We borrowed Lily's skates from one of our neighbours. They are awesome first skates..I would have liked to have these when Rose was her age.

John and Sharon said...

That just looks so winter idyllic.