Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spring is in the air...

These little flowers pop up every spring. They tend to grow out from the garden and into the lawn. I don't know what they are but they are very pretty. Last weekend we went to Mom and Dad's. It was a beautiful day and Dad had just finished mowing the lawn so I went out to hang out with him while he clipped the stray bushes around the yard. It was while I was out there I noticed these flowers in clumps around one side of the lawn, perfectly mowed around.( no long grass pieces like the ones I have here at my place) And I thought to myself that this what romance is. Dad took the time to very carefully mow around these little flowers to keep them around for mom to enjoy. I noticed them and said how nice it was and Dad shrugged it off saying" They're only out in the spring anyway." :) Chris did the same thing for me once. There was a clump of tiny white flowers down in the lawn at the end of our driveway. He mowed perfectly around them. I mowed our lawn last Sat and decided to leave this patch of tiny purple violets. If the grass wasn't ten feet deep I would have liked to leave the dandilions too.
It wouldn't be my blog if I didn't include these two. Look at our apple tree blossoms! Spring has sprung!




1 comment:

John and Sharon said...

That IS romantic, to let the pretty flowers thrive for their short time here.