So, that song that is going to be the theme song for the World Cup, ( I think it's the world cup..I'm pretty sure it's soccer),... Anyway, the song is Wavin' Flag by K'naan. Do you know it? In this household it's known as "When I get Older". :) We sing it a lot because it always seems to be playing on the radio or tv commercials for the cup. And it is pretty catchy. We were singing it the other day and Rose said, " You know what the part, "and then it goes back" means?" Chris said, "I think it means the flag going back and forth." I say, "I think it means he goes back to where he grew up." Rose says "No, I think it means how when we get older we have kids and then everything happens over again."
All I can say is WOW! Where were you in my English Lit classes in Teacher's College Rose?
So now I'm going to try to link it here for you .. Wish me luck.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8V8S_REhk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wise kid! (less tech-wise mom - the link doesn't work, sorry!)
Yeah, the link won't work for me either.
But I just searched youtube for "world cup song" and found it... great.
Yeah... but the world cup song and the original Wavin' Flag song have different lyrics. apparently we sing the original here...I can't figure out his link thing! :)
Any advice?
Here's a couple links to try, if you can't click to make them work, copy and paste them into your browser. Chris
Waving Flags for Hati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7L1BIDELc
Waving Flags Original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8V8S_REhk
Post a Comment