This article was in the Herald today. Cory (my baby bro) is camping downtown New Glasgow. I stayed with him Friday night and sat (fyi it snowed on Saturday!!! In MAY!!!) .. It was cold and loud when the train went by over our heads at 2:30am... but also nerve wracking when all the drunk people from the cabaret came by from 11 ish until four am ish . I'm such a wimp but some were trying to be intimidating. Thankfully no damage to the tents..and the caboret is closed now til next week end. Chris stayed with him last night..no drunks but the train went by 3 times..I have a feeling Cory will be exhausted from lack of sleep by Friday. (Cory will be packing up on Friday.) I was exhausted after 2 nights..but I am a sleep wimp too! BUT Already Cory has made a difference to some families and one has called tonight to personally thank him. He has been shown a ton of support. He even has a mascot ..I danced in it for a few hours on Sunday while we sold hot dogs at a fundraising bbq . There are pictures of all of this on face book. Bullying is quite the issue in Pic Co. Tonight is his first night staying alone. Keep his safety in your thoughts please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a hero! Proud to know such a great dad... just WISH I had invited him to my wedding! Please tell him how impressed I am.
Post a Comment