Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hop Hop hippity hop

So, on Saturday our church had an Easter egg hunt. For 6 bucks you go, you colour Easter pictures, play Easter games(egg and spoon race etc), have your face painted, decorate a basket, use said basket to go outside and hunt eggs, then come back inside to eat hot dogs and drink juice! I really think they should charge more next year!
After our own hunt at our house Easter morning we loaded up Clifford and headed to Mom and Dads for Easter Dinner...here we are cleaning up- there are 5 of us here..many hands make light work. We were done in 5 seconds!
We could fit time for two pictures in 5 seconds...really.
Going back in time ..here are the kids eating at the "little kids table"...I ate at the "big kids table"..ask Lily , she'll explain.
So the next day...Monday..we went to the cottage for a walk on the beach..of course.. and came across circles like these in some rocks. Cool eh? Our hypothesis is that they are fossils of trees that grew up through the mud. That -or they are alien rock crop circles. There were at least a half dozen that we noticed.
There is a nasty rumour that governments will not pay to upkeep our NS lighthouses. So they are going up for sale. If they are not sold within a certain time the gov't will tear them down. All light houses..Peggys Cove included. Chris just told me it was on the news..not a rumour... How awful is that!? This is the one right by our cottage. Who's going to go in with me to buy this one?
Here we are standing on the spot where we believe 10 years ago we stood to get married. If you were at our wedding, you would know we were not on the beach but the bank has eroded sooo much, the field where we were married is much smaller and slowly joining the ocean!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!!

Bethanne said...

THe rock circles: weird that you'd never noticed them before. Weird in general. I want to see them!
Easter: awesome.
Lighthouses: There's a new dream for me. But the general public will never let Peggy's Cove lighthouse be sold privately. I have faith. But the rest of them - meh, So long as they're not all bought up by Europeans, and SOME locals can have a shot at them, I don't mind.
Wedding: Holy crap!! That is SO sad! At first I thought you were mistaking Corey's wedding for yours. Maybe I shouldn't mention it. Sorry. Someday you'll have to SKUBA dive to stand in that place. Also sad.
Comments: thanks for taking off the anti-spam thing. I think this comment may finally work!
Happy easter everyone!

tracey said...

As for the lighthouses..I think they are going to claim Peggys Cove as a heritage site bu they others will probably be torn down. There is apparently oil leakage under many and the new owner would have the responsibility of cleaning that up.
As for the shore erosion...I KNOW! You can see in the background where the far bank has been built up by rocks to protect it but it had eroded a bit even before they did that!
And ..You're welcome.

Sarah Livingston said...

Hi Tracy, I didn't know how to write you back so I hope this gets to you. Thanks for your kind words, I am really glad that helped you, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggles! You are more then welcome to print it out or share it. Can you just quote me as writing it? Thanks. Take care!