Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our mini trip

So last week-end we gathered up our neighbours and their kids and headed to the Ilse de Cape Breton. Once there we hopped on a bus and landed in Louisburg.Although gray skies threatened rain, it stayed away and we had most the fortress mostly to ourselves! We toured, ate cookies and tried our hand at quill writting, knitting, feeding sheep, and general fortress guarding.
We watched them shoot a canon into the ocean with all ears plugged.

oops..turn sideways and know how tired we were at the end of the day.




And how we started the next day dancing to fiddle music!






3 comments:

sharon said...

Now I'M Jealous!!!!! I Love Louisbourg!

tracey said...

I'll trade you ..a trip to France for a trip to Louisburg!

Bethanne said...

Hmmm... that's a hard choice. Looks like a fantastic trip with kids! The ebst thing about being a parent I think is taking your kids to fun stuff... especially the stuff your parents took YOU to.