Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nap Gap




I was recently at a gathering and the topic of naps came up. One lady said, "I have big regrets about naps." To which we all replied with expressions that ranged from quizzical to utter shock. She continued by saying, "I regret all the naps I didn't take in my life." To which our expressions changed to understanding nods. Someone else mentioned that they purposefully tell childless couples to take all the naps they can now while they still can. It sounds like a life or death warning but it is SOOO true!


The conversation made me consider naps. I love naps and miss naps. Once in a while Chris or my mom will say to me, "You go lie down, I've got it!" And I gratefully go whether I really feel tired or not because no matter what I WILL SLEEP! I could be wide awake in the middle of a catastrophe of any sort but if someone said..go lie down..I'm snoring before they've formed the "N" sound at the end of the word down.


I remember napping in college between classes. It didn't matter what time of day a free class was, you would find any one of us in dreamland. I don't think this was a bad thing. I don't feel it was a waste of time. I think it was smart. Like any two year old we are happier, easier to get along with and simply get more done after a nap. In fact, why don't we work a nap into everyones work day...forget work day..everyone's everyday. Everyone must take a nap for a designated time everyday or else. or else... or else go to jail..and be forced to nap there!




I'm starting a petition.


4 comments:

sharon said...

Put my name at the top of that petition! We could start low key: Bring a nap to work day.
Tell Rose thank you for her nice message. The girls will try to write a letter soon.

Ditte and Seb said...

I love naps and take them as frequently as I can!
Count me in on that petition!

Jen said...

me too! I miss naps, it's why I go to bed at 9:30.

tracey said...

I do the same thing Jen! I NEED sleep or else I'm useless!