So early Saturday morning, we welcome the arrival of Jeff, our friend with the excavator, to help with the search...they dug...and dug...and dug.... across the entire front lawn looking for the drain. with no luck until finally in the afternoon Chris noticed some gurgling in on of the first spots they had looked and...low and behold..there in our path on the hill..buried under ground was the drain! We replaced it and it now drains off to the side..not buried..
On Sunday....we thought ...today is Lily's birthday..we are going to celebrate. Lets leave the basement and house full of wet boxes and keep our birthday plans. So after church we headed into the art gallery for gingerbread house making with some friends of ours. Here we are about two minutes before ( with no warning or prior signs) Rose started vomiting all over everything.
*Chris was down stairs that night to catch the water when he did ..otherwise we may have had much more damage.
*We have wonderful neighbours who come, clad in rubber boots, in a minute ,when we need them.
*We are in the process of organizing our junk finally.
*I now have half a clothesline pole up because of the excavator!!!!!!
*I now have half a clothesline pole up because of the excavator!!!!!!
** Rose 's strange flu only lasted the day.
*We will have another day to celebrate Lily's birthday properly to look forward to...maybe this Saturday?? however I'm not making any plans or emailing Bethanne telling her any of them until after the plans have come to fruition.
So Bethanne, that email I sent last week....never mind.
So Bethanne, that email I sent last week....never mind.
6 comments:
The rubber boots were also good protection against potential electrical shocks. Tracey also forgot to mention that of the four shop-vacs only one person had a back well enough to pick them up, and surprisingly enough, my back is back to normal within 3 days. Not that I want to do this again... Ever...
Chris
oh.my.dear. there ought to be nobel prizes given out for remaining so positive after all that. Most people would have peppered that blog with a lot of expletives. Let's hope everything's dry and everyone's well from here on in.
It's true, this blog is typically tracey-positive-everything is fine because no one got hurt and it's all just a big adventure! And speaking of expletives... my word verification is a serious expletive with "st" at the end. Like @*&#st. Glad there were so many good points. I'll be waiting for that email!
Wow you guys certainly had an adventurous weekend. Glad you had plenty of help and Rose is feeling better. That same flu hit Alex 2 weeks ago at school. Hope you get to celebrate Lily's birthday. See you over Christmas. We are off from Christmas eve until Jan 4.
You know what I find funny Trace, is that you stop to take pictures amongst all this choas. Did you havethe blog in mind when you were taking them? Thats the Rose in you I guess...:)
Brother John
No all those pictures were not in the moment...Rose with her patch was Friday evening b/4 bed...the shop vacs were Sat morning..notice the dry floor but wet box(yes I took that for the blog and for our own memories)..the excavator was well yeah that was in the middle of it ..but I wasn't doing it ....and the ginger bread house was a moment before Rose was sick.
Post a Comment